Which tv again

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Roboco, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Roboco

Roboco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Decided to have a nice new tv for Christmas why did I ever bother
    Had a Panasonic dx750 40 which the aerial plug was faulty,store had none left in stock so was advised to go to a Samsung ue40ku6400 as told same features as the Panasonic just maybe slightly slower on the processor....
    Set it up Friday and disappointed with it picture and sound seem good but putting it down to the faulty plug on the Panasonic,so as this was advertised as a smart tv how????
    No freeview player,no all 4 no U.K. tv,and the menu does not seem as good to use like the Panasonic one is.....
    So unsure what to do either stick with the Samsung but spoke to Samsung they don't even know when it will come or ever but don't want to be stuck with a tv that at present does not offer the items as knowing me my tv will be one that can't have it....
    But would of thought that Samsung who I was told were the leaders would have it all,but seems to me that if you live outside the uk it is the ideal tv however I don't....

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,509
    Sony and LG are your choices other than Panasonic for the full set of UK catch-up apps. Sony has Youview, LG Freeview Play.

Both are probably closer in style to Samsung's menus than Panasonic's though, if you want Firefox OS then you'll need to buy a Panasonic from a different shop.

Perhaps an LG 40UH630V or Sony 43XD80

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    Thats poor form, the KU6400 isn't in the same class as the Panasonic DX-750. @EndlessWaves recommendations make sense above.

Samsungs 2016 tv's are missing UK catch up apps (whereas the 2015 tv's had them all)! but they just haven't bothered to introduce them despite saying they would for the entire year almost now.

If you just watch normal TV and want a good picture you may want to go for an older FHD model tv instead like the Samsung J6240/J6300 or Sony w80xc/w7xxc series TV from 2015. They will make SD content look better. The only reason I mention it is you need to sit very close to an UHD TV to notice a quality increase in resolution when watching 4k content. See TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science