1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV - advice required

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Radiohead, May 16, 2003.

1. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Morning all

I'm currently in the throes debating a new TV purchase. I currently have an excellent Sony 28FX60 100Hz WEGA, but it's a little on the small side for our lounge (17" x 14"), particularly with films.

I'm particularly interested in either the Panasonic TX36PL30 (available for £870) and the Toshiba 32ZD26P (available for £807). Having read through the huge amount of other threads here it seems that both are good sets, although the Tosh gathers more praise in the press.

Would your advice be to go for the 36" set on the basis that buying the biggest possible always makes sense, or the 32" Tosh on the basis that it seems to be (albeit marginally) a slightly better set.

One other issue for me is that if I get the heavyweight Panny (at 78kg) then I can no longer use my very nice Soundstyle maple AV stand (max top-shelf weight rated at around 55kg), whilst the Tosh weighs the same as my existing Sony at 54kg......

Decisions, decisions.....

2. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    radiohead

I would look at the jvc 32d25(dist technology) Ive had it for about a month and it is fantastic , all the features with 3 scart. and one component input. has ntsc progressive scan and pal! This will blow you away with the dvd playback.

It is a bit expensive at around 1200-1300 without stand but well worth a look. Also it has dolby digital and good speakers including a woofer. Although rear speakers you have to buy extra.

hope this help you.