Which TV, 36" & Up, Plasma or CRT, 50hz?

JohnnyPanix

Standard Member
Hi list,

Well after the great advice i recievedon this forum i bought my tv a few months ago (thanks everyone, got the JVC-AV28WFT1 in the end). Now, after my recommendation I've been asked to pick you collective brains once again.

A colleaque wants to get a new tv. Must be over 36", must be flat screen (not necessarily flat/plasma/lcd), preferably not 100hz, 2 RGB scart, and good!

So, what d'ya reckon? As this sort of box was WAY out of my range, I haven't got much advice for him, but I know some of you guys have some serious kit, and might be able to suggest some winners. He'd like plasma, but doesn't want to get a 2nd mortgage, so CRT may well have to do. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

andyk

I have a Panny TX36PL30 and am v. happy with it. It is 100Hz (but I don't find that a problem - I have switched of DMM though) has 2 RGB SCARTs and one non-RGB. Nicam only, so you don't pay for audio processing that you don't need (assuming that you have an amp)

JohnnyPanix

Standard Member
Hmmm. I'll take a look at it. That's fine about the audio, he would be using his amp for sound anyway. Any other recommendations?

C

core

Unless something come's up, I'll buy Philips 36PW9527 tomorrow..
I'm so tired to compare and review all models and types of TV's, CRT's , plasma's all...
Barco RGB would be my favourite.. but still I go for TV..
Movies are ok with large wall picture, but news and other not..
:p

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom