1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which TV? 32ZP18P vs KV-32FQ75

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kounkit, Feb 27, 2002.

1. kounkit

kounkit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I'm a newbie looking for a 32" Widescreen TV.

I have narrowed my search to the Toshiba 32ZP18P against the Sony KV-32FQ75.

Main things I am looking for is image quality and decent sound. Mags currently rate the Tosh very highly, same goes for the Sony. But until today the sony was a whisker ahead but after reading the multiple threads here about the 'Sony Problem' I am unsure what to get now?

I would appricate some feedback from people who own either of these sets or considered them both.

One other thing on the toshiba do you need the front speaks to get decent sound or can you just have the speakers on the TV?

Thanks

Kit

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AVOID the sony FQ. I had one and it had about 4 faults. look at the other threads regarding sony. They are CRAP. I now have two panasonic tvs one of which is the PL36. Its a fantastic set. good luck in your choice

3. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally i wouldnt go for either but if you had to choose between the 2. It has to be the toshiba.
    The particular sony model you have mentioned has serious problems.
    HTH

4. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have the 36" version of the Tosh, and love it :D

As for the speakers, obviously you are going to get a much beter stereo image by having the front pair further apart, but if your room will not alow the sound from the set is fine, if a little mono.