1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Toshiba

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dr.Rock, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    A recent TV/Video/Hi-fi/etc magazine reviewed a 52" Toshba DLP and really raved about it. But I can't remember the magazine nor the model number of the Tosh DLP The mag left the stands only last week. Can anyone remember the mag and the TV in question? I think it was "Home Entertainment" magazine, but not so sure.

Any help, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

2. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would have thought it would have been the 52WM48p the bigger brother of the 46WM48p. I had the 46" and they are really great TV's apart from the motion fizzing.

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I think I know the magazine you are talking about. The feature was on giant sized DLPs and featured the Toshiba and the Sagem 56".

This set was one of two Toshibas that I auditioned when I was looking for a DLP. Depite all the tweaking in the world, the Toshibas came out with the poorest pictures of all the sets I auditioned. Conrast, brightness and resolution were nowhere near the quality of other brands I tested. Then there were the picture artefacts as mentioned by Soni.