Quantcast

Which TOMTOM sat nav is best for UK driving?

wichtv

Standard Member
I plan to buy a used tomtom sat nav from ebay but as there are so many was unsure which is a good one to get or one to avoid?

it will be used mainly for uk driving but may use it for driving to belguim,

want to spend no more than £75 for a used one,
would prefer one with traffic updates but its not essential

any opinions?

thanks

Last edited:

lynx

Novice Member
If your looking for traffic, likely by better with on of the GO models.
Are you looking for live or TMC?

wichtv

Standard Member
i dont know the difference between live/TMC ?

Are these the only ones that offe live trafic?

namuk

Distinguished Member
Tmc is the free analog (RDS) version, the Live traffic is a £7.95 a month subscription, first 12months free though with the new models. Car navigation - Products - TomTom

The Go modles are the best as they have Bluetooth hands free built in also spoken street names and you can use (on later models) this to phone people i.e speak there name and this rings the person you added to the phone book stored in the tomtom .

also this is a good price comparison site. http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/tomtom-go/tomtom_live_x50_550_750_950.htm

nigelbb

I am very happy with the functionality that I have with TomTom on my iPhone but would like to get a standalone unit but find the choice bewildering. PC World have the TOMTOM Via 110 Europe on sale at £129.99 which on the face of it looks a good deal even though the model has been superseded or would I be better off with a refurbished Go 530 at just £119.95. Europe maps is a nice to have but for the little use that I would make of it I can always use my iPhone if necessary if I got a good deal on a TomTom with only UK maps.

namuk

Distinguished Member
I am very happy with the functionality that I have with TomTom on my iPhone but would like to get a standalone unit but find the choice bewildering. PC World have the TOMTOM Via 110 Europe on sale at £129.99 which on the face of it looks a good deal even though the model has been superseded or would I be better off with a refurbished Go 530 at just £119.95. Europe maps is a nice to have but for the little use that I would make of it I can always use my iPhone if necessary if I got a good deal on a TomTom with only UK maps.
Go 530 all the way as it has more features and better spec also you could always add Europe maps as it is the same unit as the 730.

530 Spec
TomTom - GO 530 Refurbished - TomTom Outlet Store - TomTom

i would Sooner have a cheaper unit with better and more features than a newer model that is dearer and less features:)

:)

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
OP, which did you go for? I'm having the same headache after a frustrating day in and around Birmingham.

BB

Top Bottom