1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which to choose?!?!? Pan NV-GX7, JVC GR-DVP7, Sony DCR-PC101

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by joymoy, Jan 19, 2003.

1. joymoy

joymoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new the digital camcorder arena and am currently trying to make a decision on which cam to get. I have looked at many different cams and have made a shortlist of the following 3, Panasonic NV-GX7, JVC GR-DVP7, Sony DCR-PC101. They all have v. similar specs, all mega pixel ccd's etc. The price varies between the 3 with the Pan being the cheapest and the Sony the most expensive as most of you will already know!.

My budget may just stretch to the Sony, but I am looking for users opinions of these different camcorders before I take the plunge and make a decision. I have read various reviews about all of them, hearing varied reports from different sources (inc. most camcorder magazines).

One thing that i have heard about the Panasonic is that the image stabiliser leaves a lot to be desired, producing jerky images when zooming in and out. Have heard a lot of good reports of the JVC camera, apart from bad battery life.

I would be grateful if you could give me any information on these cams as i think the opinions of users are the best gauge of which I should go for!

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

James

2. simonph

simonph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can hang on until March Sony are bringing out a new range of camcorders. letsgodigital.co.uk have info on their Sony camcorder page.

s

3. joymoy

joymoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks simonph, but i was hoping to get a cmaera before my trip to china at the end of feb, after all i dont think i will get the chance to see the great wall again! Do you think the Sony DRC-PC101 would be a sensible choice and a good enough spec to last for a few years?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

4. d_devani

d_devani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont know about the panasonic, but decided between the jvc and sony and chose the sony mainly due to the battery life.

sony using lcd display - 1 hour
    jvc using lcd - 30 mins

that is using the standard supplied batteries. also had top reviews in the camcoder magazines (back section)