• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which to buy - Sony XE9305 or LG OLED55B7V

sharpharp

Standard Member
Hi,
Going to buy one of these in the next few days, price aside (yes the LG is more expensive), which one is best?
I know the audio is better and the Sony is brighter, but the LG software is quicker and it's OLED:

1) Which is best for upscaling Standard definition content (old sky box)
2) Which has the better viewing angle

Which one would you guys buy? Need some quick expert advice plz as buying shortly

Dodgexander

Hi,
1) Which is best for upscaling Standard definition content (old sky box)
2) Which has the better viewing angle

Which one would you guys buy? Need some quick expert advice plz as buying shortly

Neither great at upscaling vs a FHD TV but some people seem to prefer Sonys upscaling, some like me don't notice a difference.
OLED has a much better viewing angle, up to 80° vs 20° of the Sony. Do not buy Sony if you view from the side.

It should be simple if the above hasn't made your decision, if you care more about HDR PQ go for the Sony.

If you care more about SDR go for the LG.

Not that either is bad with either, but the Sony gets a lot brighter with HDR so will have more of an impact with those sources whilst the LG is better with SDR.

Can't go wrong either way though, great TVs but I think now is not a good time to buy a 2017 model. Look at the 2016 models, they are half the price year later and come black friday/xmas both these tv's will be reduced a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom