Which to buy from these?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by outer, Sep 13, 2007.

Tags:
?
  1. Sony - 40S2530 - £940

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Samsung - PS42C9hd - £810 -> Plasma

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Sony - 40S2010 - £855

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. LG - 42PC1RR - £940 --> Plasma (or any other LG plasma with hard drive)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Philips 42PF5331 - £810 --? Plasma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Toshiba - 42C3000 - £940

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Re-start your reasearch - the above are not worth it...

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. outer

outer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So guys i came up with some choices to choose from.

Yesterday i just started thinking again plasma, because as a friend of mine stated:
    "How many times you watch tv during the day during a week? You most of the times watch football, and other sports, and probably sometimes watch dvds... "

and he was right! i come from work at 7 at night, dont watch during the day, and i watch more football, formula, and general sports...

So i went to see some plasma's and an employee at a store wrote me on their brochure:
    " The best LCD = a medium Plasma"

So now i am thinking also buying a Plasma...

A bit consfused to be honest, although i was just a breath away from buying the Sony...

2. outer

outer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So , 70 people viewed this thread, 5 people voted negatively, thus it means that i have no idea about tv's!

Thus i should buy the bst value of money from my choices... I dont think i will notice the difference :suicide:

3. KjK

KjK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Personally I would go for the Samsung Plasma for general TV viewing.

LCD for gaming.

4. walleyi

walleyi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a damned good question which i am asking myself at the moment. I'm looking for a 42" for under a 1000 but am torn between an lcd and plasma. I hate the idea of a stuck pixel or 2 demolishing viewing as i'm sure that i woudl be one of those people who cannot avoid staring at it instead of the movie. But i have also heard that the screenburn issue is more or less gone on P's.

i also believe plasma is better for sd so the kids and wife woudl be happier watching it... however, can't afford a decent 1080p plasma whereas there are a few LCD at that price, (Tosh 42x3030).

For that matter, on a 42 sitting about 10 ft back, would i really notice the difference on a 768 plasma compared to a 1080p feed from an upscaler.

Tried talking to the bods in dixons who seemed more than confused at my questions and didn't want to turn the tosh onto its freeview picture so i could see sd on it. when i have looked at this previously i'm sure i have seen residual ghosting when one picture has cut straight to another..... Help woudl be much appreciated.... :lease:

5. walleyi

walleyi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry; Curry's not Dixons:suicide:

6. outer

outer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    were ever i go, they do not have the lcd's next to the plasma's , they only have the lcds in one section and the plasma's in another.
    That's what annoys me, because i cannot compare them...

I think i might go with the samsung in the end, although tomorrow i will go to a store because they told me they were going to bring their new LG's...

(and i was so sure i was going to get the 40s2530 one week ago :confused:

7. outer

outer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks to everyone that indicated what should i buy.

I'll go to LG if i dont find anything i'll buy Samsung... Value of money for me...

8. outer

outer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the end i bought a 40S2530, however i am a bit dissapointed with the quality of the screen...

Of course i have not used it yet to watch a dvd, but watching normal channels on tv was a dissapointment - especially with respect the colour. I was happier with my crt...

I changed my settings, however i suppose i should really make the tv settings even better, and try to find a better connection for the tv channels... :confused: