Which to be: Stay with Sky or leave and join virgin media ?

hype_male

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sky contract is ending soon, so am undecided if to stick with sky or leave sky and join virgin media.

I currently pay £47 for just sky tv (entertainment extra, hd pack, multiroom). I had sky world package before but after I found out that sky sales person lied to me I decided to down grade my package.

I have gone on the virgin media website and notice their premier collection is £22.50 half price for 6 months then £45 there after plus £13.90 phone line rental. For this i will get 60 meg fibre optic broadband, XL Tv (175 channels and 24 hd channels included), TiVo box plus V hd box for another room.

With Virgin, I get Espn for free which means i can still get to watch football for free but sky charges for the both espn and sky sport, hd channels is included which sky charges 10.25 for, multiroom is included for free with virgin which to get this with sky is 10.25

based on the above I would like to hear from people if they think I should stick with sky or go the virgin media route. I suppose the question I should be asking which is better sky or virgin bundles.

Also I have never had virgin media before so would like to hear from people who have experience both virgin and sky to give me thier views.

Thanks in advance

Virgin's Broadband is excellent, I have Virgin and have reduced my TV package as i find i only watch "normal" TV channels and most things online now, care of my dad's Sky go account for the odd football game.

If it wasn't for the Broadband i would probably just join TalkTalk and use their Youview service.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom