• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which television is better sony kdl40w4000 or Samsung LE-A656?

raju mahboobani

Standard Member
hey guys just wondering which television is better television is better sony kdl40w4000 or samsung LE-40A656?

i see that the samsung model has higher contrast ratio and has the motion flow aspect with 100hz which is NOT in the sony model. is there anything compensating this on the sony model?

secondly, was just wondering which one is newer?

any assistance would be highly appreciated
thanks

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Both are just brand new so dont worry much for the replacements they will come next year!As between the two PQ wise they are definitely excellent.They both offer the best current lcd black level measured.The static contrast is that matters not the dynamic.Both have a real meaured contrast of 2.500:1 to 3.000:1 on the sony and the samsung has a 1.300:1.The samsung has 100Hz too which is a +(W4000 motion still very good).On the reliability aspect currently the sony wins definitely as the samsung has had some problems which need immediate fix.I would suggest to go on a good av store and compare them

raju mahboobani

Standard Member
in terms of ps3 gaming, would the motion flow make a big difference?

from your response you seem more inclined to the sony model even taking into account the lack of motion flow?

your assistance is much appreciated
thanks

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
For ps3 gaming the 100Hz doesnt make difference anyway.Yeah as the lack of 100Hz doesnt introduce problems yes I would choose the W4000

turco

Chris man again showing ur profession here :) appreciated.

I wonder why price of LE40F86 is not going down. You think F86 can even little bit compete with these 2 kings of the road?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
no no way.About F86 its a strange story.While the model is somehow yet available although new models came(propably until the A750 comes) its obvious it doesnt sell anymore and the margin for lower price isnt achievable.Anyway I wouldnt think of F86 as a choice

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
the W4000 dont have 100Hz however in september the new W4500 and X4500 series will have it

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Is it likely that the w4500 will replace the w4000 (so the same price) or likely to but marketed above this model?

no it wont replace W4000 it will be put above it

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom