Which Tarriff?

Techmonkey

Standard Member
I am competely bamboozled by the amount of phone tarriffs and contracts out there and dont know what to go for.

I am currently on Orange and pay about £35/month.

I would like to get this lower if possible. I dont send lots of txts, but some free ones would be advantageous.

I also dont make massive amounts of calls, but when I do they are to many networks.

I use my phone mostly between 2pm and 9pm.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

siany

How many texts/minutes do you need a month? Most contracts these days are £30 a month or more, unless you look on websites such as e2save, onestopphoneshop, etc. If you prefer buying from a high street store, head to Carphone Warehouse, where they're currently offering 600mins + 500txts on O2 or 500mins + 500txts on Orange (you also get magic numbers and Orange Wednesdays) for £25 a month. However this is done by redemption, so you pay £35 a month, but you'll get £60 back every 6 months to make it £25/month overall.

Do you want a new phone or are you happy sticking with your current one? If you're not too bothered about using your current phone then ring Orange and they should be able to sort some deal out for you.

If you make most of your calls during evenings and weekends, consider a Vodafone contract, as their "Stop the Clock" feature means you can talk for up to 1 hour and only 3 minutes are taken from your monthly allowance.

The best thing to do is to visit your local independent mobile retailer and have a chat with one of the sales consultants, who will be able to find the best solution for you :)

L

leeky_deeky

I have just renewed my contract with orange and managed to get them to put me on one of their 18 month contracts with 225 x/net mins, 100 texts and unlimited offpeak landline calls for £15 per month for the full 18 months(should be £25 per month). Also got a free phone also.

Just go through to retentions team rather than upgrade team, they are allowed to give you better deals to stop you from cancelling your contract.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom