Which Tablet? Toshiba AT100 / Samsung Galaxy / Sony S

Discussion in 'Tablets Forum' started by Technostupid, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Technostupid

Technostupid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The wife has tasked me with finding her a tablet. The iPad2 is out as her brother got one for Christmas and was not impressed.

I have been looking and have come up with the Toshiba AT100, the Samsung Galaxy and the Sony S.

The main complaint with the iPad was the lack of ports which seems to be covered by the AT100 but has anyone any experience of this tablet, or either of the others and have any comments?

2. advid

advid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    ..I got a Toshiba AT100 (THRIVE) on Monday - played with it for a day - showed it to the wife and kids ... BUT does nothing that I can't do either on my/their smart phones or on my PC connected to my TV... If it had 3G then it would be ok for me...

It was a bit 'sluggish' on a lot of web stuff (I've got a good wireless connection /speed)... BUT I must say it was OK... the full size ports are the winner with this - that's why I tried it....

Anyway - we made up our minds and decided to send it back (to ARGOS - £299-00 at the moment..) REFUND on its way....

If you 'really' want a tablet and it will do all you want - I'd still recommend it....

I'm putting the refund toward a better laptop (i5 / HDMI /USB3 / ect)