Which system

ianeverton

Standard Member
Ok so I am down to the last two I guess, can i have some opinions please.

Sony BDV-E780W or Panasonic SC-BTT370 ???

I basically want an all in one system, which has some nice features, good pic and sound and wireless rear speakers.

Thanks in advance.

themediaman

My own personal choice would be the Panasonic, they are both pretty much the same in specs, but I like the Panasonic more, visually............

The sony might give you a bit more output though, so if this is critical for your specific room, maybe the sony..........

Decisions, Decisions.................

Sorry, I didn't help much there..............:rolleyes:

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
Ok so I am down to the last two I guess, can i have some opinions please.

Sony BDV-E780W or Panasonic SC-BTT370 ???

I basically want an all in one system, which has some nice features, good pic and sound and wireless rear speakers.

e780 is the sony set with tallboy speakers, comparative Panasonic is the BTT775

Panasonic SC-BTT775EBK 3D 5.1ch Blu-ray Home Cinema Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The sony that compares to the btt370 is the e380 (although very little difference to e280), do not get btt270- though (no hdmi inputs):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDVE38...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322749431&sr=1-1

RE rear speakers, its say btt775 and btt370 are ready (you need to buy add on), sony's I can't see if they support or not).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-S...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322749700&sr=1-1

I think all 4 are top sets, what TV do you have?

Last edited:

ianeverton

Standard Member
The Sony BDV-E780W come with the wireless kit with it and is around £425 (ish), the Panasonic SC-BTT370 is wireless ready and you have to buy the box extra, all in all they are roughly the same amount of money.

I have a Panasonic TX-P42G10b 42"plasma tv

e780 is the sony set with tallboy speakers, comparative Panasonic is the BTT775

Panasonic SC-BTT775EBK 3D 5.1ch Blu-ray Home Cinema Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The sony that compares to the btt370 is the e380 (although very little difference to e280), do not get btt270- though (no hdmi inputs):

Sony BDVE380.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

RE rear speakers, its say btt775 and btt370 are ready (you need to buy add on), sony's I can't see if they support or not).

Panasonic SHFX71EK Wireless Receiver & Transmitter Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I think all 4 are top sets, what TV do you have?

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
ianeverton said:
The Sony BDV-E780W come with the wireless kit with it and is around £425 (ish), the Panasonic SC-BTT370 is wireless ready and you have to buy the box extra, all in all they are roughly the same amount of money.

I have a Panasonic TX-P42G10b 42"plasma tv

Do you have freesat set up? If not you don't get Iplayer from panasonic - so far, so getting the Sony will give you access to Iplayer, otherwise either will probably look and sound the very similar.

ianeverton

Standard Member
Have not set the freesat up as have sky, do have my sons wii set up on the tv though and that has iplayer. I am guessing panasonic will add it at some point though as it isa glaring miss compared to others.

Decisions decisions.........

Do you have freesat set up? If not you don't get Iplayer from panasonic - so far, so getting the Sony will give you access to Iplayer, otherwise either will probably look and sound the very similar.

Domski

Standard Member
Ian - in exactly the same boat here? Which one did you go for?

You can get the panasonic for £350 and the Sony for £280, i prefer to go for sony products as it will match the tv and my playstation but the Panasonic has been given slightly better reviews.

challenger

Standard Member
I am also wondering about the Panasonic SC-BTT370 or Sony BDV E380. How much difference between BDV E380 and E280?

Will be connecting Virgin V+ and XBox.

Not bothered about online bells and whistles.... I get iplayer etc through Virgin.

Would be interested in playing my ipod and CD's through it. Any comments on how either performs. Can ipod be played on either without needing TV turned on?

Does the pass through function work ok so I wouldn't need the system switched on all the time when watching TV?

I've read about some potential problems with lip synching on the Panasonic .... any comments?

Last edited:

$weetFA

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom