Which system to get? 5.1 or separate speakers

zeddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm going to be putting my first system together which would be at the low budget end.

I was thinking along the lines of a 5.1 package like the Tannoy SFX or getting seperate bookshelf speakers and then building onto them going forward when my wallet allows. Also if I do decide on a 5.1, I want to ensure it can be extended to a 7.1.

The room is quite a good size (15ft x 18ft) so you're advice will be much appreciated on deciding what to go for.

Someone is seling a Canton Movie 125 MX on here, would these be any good? I'd be going for something which would be warm and a little bassy.

Receiver and speaker recommendations please.

Attachments

• Living Room.PNG
    Living Room.PNG
    93.3 KB · Views: 41
Given your room I would suggest the pair of standmounts and building from there would be the better option. What is your overall budget? Something like the denon x2000 with a pair of monitor audio bx standmounts would be a good place to start a demonstration.

Given your room I would suggest the pair of standmounts and building from there would be the better option. What is your overall budget? Something like the denon x2000 with a pair of monitor audio bx standmounts would be a good place to start a demonstration.

Thanks fir the advice.

At the moment my budget is only £250, so i'm thinking of the Denon x1000 instead and pairing it with q acoustics 2010i speakers.

Then top it up later on in the year when the wallet allows.

What do you think as a starter?

What do you think if the Tannoy Mercury F1 speakers compared to the Q acoustics?

The QAs and denon should work well together and a good place to start. The tannoy speakers are around the same level as the QAs so have similar sound quality although often recommended with brighter receivers like Sony and onkyo but a lot will depend on personal sound preference so they may work well with the denon for you.

The QAs and denon should work well together and a good place to start. The tannoy speakers are around the same level as the QAs so have similar sound quality although often recommended with brighter receivers like Sony and onkyo but a lot will depend on personal sound preference so they may work well with the denon for you.

I managed to get the Tannoy Mercury F1's for a really good price (£60) including http://www.av4home.co.uk/atacama-nexus-7i-speaker-stands-700mm-high.html?gclid=CjkKEQjwnqucBRDZvf_rk-fEj7wBEiQA8HDLEh3M2aWG_hKI2QD0qpWbNW5fVvNz6e-V9cGH6bfMVO3w_wcB.

Just looking for a receiver with networking capabilities for around £135-£150 if you know any?

Thanks for the help so far :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom