1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which system 'should' be better?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by broona, Jan 1, 2005.

1. broona

broona

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +547
    I've got the 'bits' to make up 2 systems, and just wondered what the experts on here think should make the best sounding setup.
    CD player and speakers are fixed at my new Fusion CD-750 (seems OK, except for the intense blue light and slight hum when turned on), some Eltax Atomic speakers from a surround sound setup like this, some QED Qudos Silver speaker wire, and a Cambridge Audio Atlantic phono lead. Not exactly high end (I'm sure quite a few people here have spent more on a single interconnect than I have on both systems!), but suitable for my occasional listening needs.
    I've then got a choice of either a Sherwood RD-6106R AV receiver, or a Pioneer A351-R amp and Ariston TX510 tuner, and would like to know which would sound best.
    Just being really lazy and trying to save myself chopping and changing components and get someone else to tell me which setup to use. ;)

2. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Unforetunately I'm not familiar with any of your amps.
    And besides the trouble is this, my ears are different from yours! So what sounds OK to me you might hate.
    Stop being so lazy and listen to them yourself....:rotfl:

3. broona

broona

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +547
    Cheers mate, I'm doing so at the minute. :smashin: Used the Sherwood yesterday, using the Pioneer today, I think it sounds a lot better, and I can tune the radio stations in, Ariston's much more sensitive.
    The main advantage with the Sherwood's remote control (looking for one for the Pioneer, ad in classified section) and it looks a little neater, but I think I'll go for sound quality over aesthetics. It's not perfect by any means, but sounds 100x better than the JVC midi it's replaced. Thanks for the input anyway, don't suppose you fancy trading systems.....:rolleyes:

4. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Not just yet but with a new member of the family on the way! :thumbsup:
    I may well have to!:thumbsdow

5. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    To my regret, children and HiFi do not mix.