Which surround sound system with Samsung LCD?

Bourner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted a bit of advice regarding a decent suround sound 5.1/DTS system to go with my Samsung LE32R41BDX and my HD950 DVD player. I've got a budget (dammit) of around £200-300. Mainly used fro Freeview/XBOX .I've had a look around but a lot of systems have a DVD included, really just need an amp and speakers. Would like something with a bit of bass to annoy the neighbours as they annoy me! :)

TIA

Bourner said:
Hi all,

Just wanted a bit of advice regarding a decent suround sound 5.1/DTS system to go with my Samsung LE32R41BDX and my HD950 DVD player. I've got a budget (dammit) of around £200-300. Mainly used fro Freeview/XBOX .I've had a look around but a lot of systems have a DVD included, really just need an amp and speakers. Would like something with a bit of bass to annoy the neighbours as they annoy me! :)

TIA

Hi mate...

I just brought this Yamaha Package 57 setup to go with my Sammy 32"... Xbox...etc....

http://www.tribaluk.com/Yamaha-AV57-Home-Theatre-03974117.htm

Its fantastic for the money...and the bass response will definately pee off the neighbours :)

busterdan said:
Hi mate...

I just brought this Yamaha Package 57 setup to go with my Sammy 32"... Xbox...etc....

Its fantastic for the money...and the bass response will definately pee off the neighbours :)

Just to add.... I am not on Xbox Live but I am a regular on the Xlink Kai network.... mainly playing Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike at the moment :smashin:

Take a look on www.richersounds.co.uk, I know you said you didnt need the dvd bit but they have some very cheap deals on 1 box systems at the mo! (No I dont work for them)

justdoit said:
Take a look on www.richersounds.co.uk, I know you said you didnt need the dvd bit but they have some very cheap deals on 1 box systems at the mo! (No I dont work for them)

I tried Richer Sounds myself.... but they couldn't touch the price above for the package 57 (they only sold the amp and speakers separately)

busterdan said:
Hi mate...

That looks like amazing value for money! And it supports Component Surround Sound (didn't know how High Def Xbox 360 users would get Surround Sound), once I get a HDTV and a 360, I know whats going to go on 'to get' list.

Caprylate said:
That looks like amazing value for money! And it supports Component Surround Sound (didn't know how High Def Xbox 360 users would get Surround Sound), once I get a HDTV and a 360, I know whats going to go on 'to get' list.

Erm not exactly but your reasons for wanting it are the same as mine....

Amoungst many others it has two component video inputs so in that way it acts as a switch box... I use it to switch between my DVD player and Xbox....combined with this are two optical audio inputs for Dolby Digital and DTS... there are all the other inputs...

The only caveat with the 360 is that this amp doesn't have HDMI or DVI video inputs but I believe the 360 will also be compatible with component connections anyway...

Above all this package certainly doesn't disappoint.... for a "budget" package the sound is amazing.

Thanks All:- Nice 1 BusterDan. Gotta get me one of those.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom