Quantcast

Which surround sound system with Samsung LCD?

Bourner

Novice Member
Hi all,

Just wanted a bit of advice regarding a decent suround sound 5.1/DTS system to go with my Samsung LE32R41BDX and my HD950 DVD player. I've got a budget (dammit) of around £200-300. Mainly used fro Freeview/XBOX .I've had a look around but a lot of systems have a DVD included, really just need an amp and speakers. Would like something with a bit of bass to annoy the neighbours as they annoy me! :)

TIA
 

busterdan

Active Member
Bourner said:
Hi all,

Just wanted a bit of advice regarding a decent suround sound 5.1/DTS system to go with my Samsung LE32R41BDX and my HD950 DVD player. I've got a budget (dammit) of around £200-300. Mainly used fro Freeview/XBOX .I've had a look around but a lot of systems have a DVD included, really just need an amp and speakers. Would like something with a bit of bass to annoy the neighbours as they annoy me! :)

TIA
Hi mate...

I just brought this Yamaha Package 57 setup to go with my Sammy 32"... Xbox...etc....

http://www.tribaluk.com/Yamaha-AV57-Home-Theatre-03974117.htm

Its fantastic for the money...and the bass response will definately pee off the neighbours :)
 

busterdan

Active Member
justdoit said:
Take a look on www.richersounds.co.uk, I know you said you didnt need the dvd bit but they have some very cheap deals on 1 box systems at the mo! (No I dont work for them)
I tried Richer Sounds myself.... but they couldn't touch the price above for the package 57 (they only sold the amp and speakers separately)
 

Caprylate

Novice Member
busterdan said:
Hi mate...

I just brought this Yamaha Package 57 setup to go with my Sammy 32"... Xbox...etc....

http://www.tribaluk.com/Yamaha-AV57-Home-Theatre-03974117.htm

Its fantastic for the money...and the bass response will definately pee off the neighbours :)
That looks like amazing value for money! And it supports Component Surround Sound (didn't know how High Def Xbox 360 users would get Surround Sound), once I get a HDTV and a 360, I know whats going to go on 'to get' list.
 

busterdan

Active Member
Caprylate said:
That looks like amazing value for money! And it supports Component Surround Sound (didn't know how High Def Xbox 360 users would get Surround Sound), once I get a HDTV and a 360, I know whats going to go on 'to get' list.
Erm not exactly but your reasons for wanting it are the same as mine....

Amoungst many others it has two component video inputs so in that way it acts as a switch box... I use it to switch between my DVD player and Xbox....combined with this are two optical audio inputs for Dolby Digital and DTS... there are all the other inputs...

The only caveat with the 360 is that this amp doesn't have HDMI or DVI video inputs but I believe the 360 will also be compatible with component connections anyway...

Above all this package certainly doesn't disappoint.... for a "budget" package the sound is amazing.
 

Similar threads

Top Bottom