Which Surround Sound system for PS3?

royalgoof

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Hope someone can spare a few mins to offer me some advice.

I have recently bought a Panasonic 37LZD70.

I plan to get a PS3 for gaming and Blu-Ray movies, as I understand this is the best option/value at the moment.

I would like a surround sound system (or can i just get speakers?) to compliment these two.. I haven't got a big budget so value for money is important. Also, I'm not 100% on what connections I will need to use..

Any advice/suggestions please? Appreciated.

Looking for the same thing for roughly £100-200, but i get confused to what will produce real surround sound and what wont for my ps3 games...

Is there anyway of doing this for around £100?

If i buy a cheap surround sound system from tesco will it not work with the playstation?

Those cheap (and nasty) surround sound systems sold in Tesco won't get you Dolby Digital 5.1 etc. Ideally you need at least a system with an optical input. HD audio requires HDMI and an amp/system that can handle LPCM over HDMI from the PS3 e.g. Sony HT-SF1300 or separates. If your budget is £100, I would visit the all-in-ones forum.

I picked up a second hand AV receiver and bought myself some Tannoy SFX5.1 speakers. Few optical cables, total price about £220, now got 5.1 dolby digital surround sound, as you can see in my sig with PS3 and 360.

Keep an eye out for second hand receiver's possibly speaker sets thats your best bet for value for money.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom