1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by dsw182, Jul 7, 2003.

1. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have the Eltax Silverado 5 speaker setup with a Marantz SR4200 receiver. I am thinking about buying a subwoofer for some extra bass which i think is missing.

What do you think I could/should go for, on a limited budget?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    This question is asked on almost a daily basis and it would be helpful if you could look through some of the previous threads or use the search facility first.

By all means come back and refine your question when you have looked at the previous threads.

3. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    limited to what budget? i was limited ,and nearly went for one of richer sounds cheapys, glad i didnt........i got a velodyne vx10 for 200 from the powerbuys section of these forums.........glad i saved that extra bit of cash

4. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The main question will be how large is the room, and how much bass are you after...

My Bro has the silverado's and I understand where you are coming from in the lack of bass department...

If you want to just reinforce the bass, then the already suggested VX10 (£200) is probably a good buy, and will offer more then just reinforcement....

If you want to feel the bass then you will be looking in the £300+ bracket... and there are plenty of subs in this league...
    (Mission M5AS / Velodyne CHT-10)

If you want to shake your foundations then £500-750 is the minimum... (SVS PC20/39 or Paradigm Servo 15)