1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which subwoofer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by arrif, Jun 6, 2001.

1. arrif

arrif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have recently purchased a denon avc 10se my problem is i am using a a pair of b&W dm604's as my front which is a very strong front bass heavy speaker i am very new to the dolby digital scene and this is my first av amp i have a dilema as to what subwoofer to get so for those of you who are out there that know your subs can you please advise my budget is about 600 pounds

2. bug

bug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for a paradigm servo 15 from richer sounds, Were £800 now £500.

Checkout the reviews it's a real bargain. ;)

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    normally i wouldnt recommend the paradigm.....but you really do need something of its size and power to match your front pair!

4. arrif

arrif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i have heard of this sub at it has good ratings and i was considering it also on my shortlist was the b&w 2000 and the rel q200e what do you think of these two subs thanks for your reply

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was also looking at the B&W 2000 but they have stopped making it now, so unless you can find a dealer that has one in stock or are buying second hand, you will have problems getting one.

I ended up getting the new ASW2500 but its a bit out of the price range you said, being £895.

James.