1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by stonking, Dec 19, 2004.

1. stonking

stonking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I need advice. I have a Teac AGD-9100 amp with MS815 front speakers and a MS centre speaker. KEF Cresta at the rear. Yes I know strange rear speakers. What I need to know is, would a XLS 2000 or Rel Q150 be of any benefit because the 815'S go pretty low or do I need to head out into £600+ territory?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    You will still notice the differance with a subwoofer as it fills out the bass that your main speakers cant generate. The xls200 is a superb sub and well worth considering or the vita 100 from www.bkelec.com.

3. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    definatly agree that a sub will make an impact. However if you fancy picking up a bit of a bargain have a look in the classifieds to see what people are selling there was an m&k sub a while ago went for 350 which was just silly money. Cant help but mention i have my rel quake in the classifieds, still an excellent little sub, but if your going to buy new i would definatly go with a bk 200 as its suppose to punch well above its weight.

4. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Until recently, I was using the larger MS816 front speakers, with a small MJ Acoustics Reference 100 sub.

The impact with music was minimal - in fact I usually did not use the sub for most music types.

For movies, however, even this small sub made a HUGE difference. I have recently changed the MS816s for B&W DM603s which have a stronger bass still, but the sub still makes a massive difference for films.

5. stonking

stonking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Oh, OK then you have convinced me. I will go and buy one but if the wife says anything I will have to say "its because I am a sheep and just follow and do as I am told". Thanks all.