Which subwoofer to go ?:- BK Electronics P12-300SB-FF vs BK Electronics XXLS400-FF vs Q Acoustics QB12 ???

iLYCAN

Novice Member
Hi all,

I am planning to build a home cinema system and looking for a good subwoofer. I have zeroed in on Denon AVR X 3700H, Q acoustics 3030i bookshelf speakers and now looking for a good sub (ideally less than 500£). I am getting a deal for new Q acoustics QB 12 for around 360£ with warranty. Saw some good reviews on you tube but after going through the forums I am now considering BK electronics subwoofers as alternatives.
Would really appreciate your inputs as there are no dedicated videos on BK subs on you tube comparing between these. Also are they worth spending 100-150£ pounds more as compared to QB 12 ?
My room size is average and its a rental property so will have to upgrade few of the components in the future once I have my own space and then would invest in dedicated amp. as well !!

Thanks

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I would consider a Monolith 10" THX sub which is on offer right now at a great price £424 usually £499. For watching movies and playing games it has much more to offer than the BK's.

It is a bit bigger though and ported rather than sealed.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

I am planning to build a home cinema system and looking for a good subwoofer. I have zeroed in on Denon AVR X 3700H, Q acoustics 3030i bookshelf speakers and now looking for a good sub (ideally less than 500£). I am getting a deal for new Q acoustics QB 12 for around 360£ with warranty. Saw some good reviews on you tube but after going through the forums I am now considering BK electronics subwoofers as alternatives.
Would really appreciate your inputs as there are no dedicated videos on BK subs on you tube comparing between these. Also are they worth spending 100-150£ pounds more as compared to QB 12 ?
My room size is average and its a rental property so will have to upgrade few of the components in the future once I have my own space and then would invest in dedicated amp. as well !!

Thanks

Steer away from the QA sub as there is better options available. If you fancy BK sub they have 2nd ebay site for new grade-b products which has always been in mint shape. They come with full warranty usually (see the add). The savings are noticeable.

P12-PR model with passive radiator, bit more oomph below 30hz compared to sealed P12/XXLS400. You can change the black grille to white if you want full white (see bk site for pictures).

XXLS400 DF and FF:

Monoprice has the upper hand with movies without doubt if you are serious about HT and comes with 5year amp warranty, but it´s large box and not that pretty so it may not be that easy decision.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
I'll give bk props to build quality, for the asking price. They made subs for Rel and MJ acoustics who literally double the price. (Rel quake and MJ pro 50/100)

Just a shame they don't go bigger driver, higher power class

I think double xls400/double monolith + with 600w class d amp would be good start.

iLYCAN

Novice Member
Ok so if I have to choose between BK P12 300SB vs Monolith 10 THX, which will be a better choice in long run considering same price? Will BK be better due to larger driver size or is Monolith the one to go for?

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
We don't have figures of the bk. But monoprice is ported thx ultra with 500w class d with DSP and ability to run ported, sealed.

Bk is sealed with passive rad which does function as port 300w class ab.

Not heard either but if movies are your thing I'd take gamble that the monoprice 10" is the one to go for. Ask in the monoprice thread

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom