Which subwoofer should i keep?

BCrenshaw

Standard Member
Ok so I'm trimming down on the stuff I have. I have a klipsch ksw10 sub and 2 Yamaha yst-sw215's. My question is which would be better to keep? The matched pair of yamaha's or one Yamaha and the Klipsch?

The Yamaha's are 8" 150 watt. And the Klipsch is a 10" 225 watt sub.

Is it better to have a matched pair for a theater room or can I have different subs without running into problems?

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
My immediate reaction would be to keep the Klipsch.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
It depends how you're set up.

The Klipsch should go lower and louder and unless you're playing at volumes that exceed the Klipsch's limit, I don't see what you're gaining by adding a Yam :confused:

Whatever, It's what you think that matters most :smashin:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
2 subs the same give you nothing other than a small amount of extra volume. Also trying to set up 2 subs can be problematic with sound cancelation. Hence I would just keep the klipsch and ignore the Yamaha ones.

bluedroog

In short:

Going by specs I'd expect the Klipsch to be the keeper.

Don't mixed two different subs.

Trust your ears, which one sounds best in your system?

BCrenshaw

Standard Member
Ok that all makes sense. I was curious about what I would gain and lose.

A quick question though. If two subs is not the beneficial to a setup why is there 7.2 receivers?

bluedroog

You can use two identical subs to good effect but mixing subs is normally more hassle.

eaglemmoomin

Novice Member
You can use two identical subs to good effect but mixing subs is normally more hassle.
Yes but these are Yamaha SW215's so not exactly the last word in sub quality.
I'd keep the Klipsch myself.

Darkstar_surfer

BCrenshaw said:
Ok that all makes sense. I was curious about what I would gain and lose.

A quick question though. If two subs is not the beneficial to a setup why is there 7.2 receivers?
Why are there cars with 700 plus bhp that just sit there wheel spinning until you turn the wick down.

bluedroog

Yes but these are Yamaha SW215's so not exactly the last word in sub quality.
I'd keep the Klipsch myself.

Oh absolutley, if you see my previous post this is what I was suggesting too. I was just answering OP's specific question on two subs, I actually missed he had two Yamahas on first read. I was refering to two good subs. But in his case clearly the Klipsch on it's own is the best option.