1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which subwoofer for Panasonic SCPM91D ?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by alter ego, Aug 11, 2005.

1. alter ego

alter ego
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, everyone :)

I just bought this panasonic micro system and now wonder which subwoofer I could get for it...

I should probably have bought home cinema instead, but being a woman I don't really know that much about these things so I ended up with this. To be honest I only wanted something that would play MP3s but wasn't very impressed with the cheap portable CD-MP3 players, as their speakers were only 3-6 Watts, and I wanted something a bit more powerfull (but not too expensive).

Now, I wish I bought home cinema with DVD audio/video instead, as they already come with the whole set of speakers and the subwoofer, while with my new hi-fi I would need to get separate subwoofer system to be able to get the most out of dvds and audio dvds...

Anyway, at the moment I'm looking for an amplified subwoofer for this hi-fi or extra speakers with subwoofer - if the price is similar. Any suggestions?
    I saw this sony subwoofer is it suitable for my hi-fi?

Please don't be too technical ;)

2. alter ego

alter ego
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. alter ego

alter ego
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no one? not very friendly forum, huh?

ok, bye then :hiya:

:thumbsdow

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    It's a friendly forum but if we don't know the answer then we won't post. :)

5. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    hello... i know the answer

ok, your system from what i remember (i used to sell it) doesn't have a subwoofer out socket.

What you need to do, is purchase two bits of speaker wire (42 strand QED would be ideal) and connect from the red and black LOW FREQUENCY terminals of the main unit into the HI-LEVEL IN terminals of something like this sub
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5797351688&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
    hopefully you can see that- its my auction but i'm not pimping it for you to buy the sub, i just take simple pictures ....
    anyway, hopefully you can see theres Hi-Level in connections there.

Next, connect the black and red speaker wires from your Panasonic SPEAKERS and connect them to the HI-LEVEL OUT connections of the subwoofer.

What you're basically doing is adding another part to the chain.

As the subwoofer already has an amplifier on it, then the micro system isn't undergoing any more stress or anything; don't worry about that, and the subwoofer just goes on with it's business :)

any questions just ask.

6. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    rozzar

Why didn't you take the sub outdoors into the daylight to photograph it properly? Black objects aren't east to photograph but trying to do it indoors is just handicapping your chances of success. Bright cloudy weather is better than direct sunshine to bring out some contrast and detail with such difficult objects. :)

Nimby

7. alter ego

alter ego
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks.

actually there is a connection for active sub and the speakers have 4 wires (they're bi-wired), not just black and red... but never mind. I returned this unit to the shop as the left channer started buzzing... :rolleyes:

good luck with your sale! :thumbsup: