Which Subwoofer Cables for in wall install? VanDamme vs Amazon Basics?

Harkon321

I need to order subwoofer cables for my room. Three runs in the main and then two long runs in the Open Plan space next door.

Will avoid going next to any power cables (brand new construction) so shielding shouldn't be an issue.

I was going to order the VanDamme cables but I've then seen the Amazon Basics cables for significantly less money?

Thoughts?

Cable runs will be approx:

Main room:
6.5m
11m
6m

Open Plan area
15m ish x 2

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The van damme cable is easier to pull and the foil insulation FST install cable is balanced, so you could upgrade to a balanced line signal if you found you were getting noise or hum on the long rungs.

Buy bare cable and terminate it yourself. Much easier to install than using ready made cables and risking damaging the connectors.

Harkon321

The van damme cable is easier to pull and the foil insulation FST install cable is balanced, so you could upgrade to a balanced line signal if you found you were getting noise or hum on the long rungs.

Buy bare cable and terminate it yourself. Much easier to install than using ready made cables and risking damaging the connectors.

These were the cables I was looking at. Not sure what’s meant by ‘foil insulation FST install cable’?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom