Which subs can accept high and low level connections?

JIT

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'd like to use my receiver's bass management for DVD using low level connection to the sub but use the sub's high level connection when listening to music in stereo.

I'm using a Paradigm PS1000 at the moment and want to upgrade.

Which subs should i be looking at which will allow this?

Some of the more expensive MJ Acoustics subs do as well.

even the cheap MJA subs do.

The recent BK Electronics "Bargain Corner" subs (XLS10, XLS200) have this ability.

MuFu.

Thanks for the info, now just have to decide what to get. I'm interested in hearing how the BK performs considering it's price.

Originally posted by sceptic
There are at least 3 of us on this forum expecting delivery of the BK sub within the next few days. You can expect some feedback on the performance on this thread:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=96951&goto=newpost
HTH

I am gonna post some pics of mine when I get her setup :) Its worth noting I think, that I am also a member of the DVD Forums, I posted the info about the bargain XLS 200 over in their bargain section...the results have been amazing. Hardly anybody there has heard of the XLS 200 or even BK...the thread has attracted some 3,500 views and over 80 feedback (and counting)....:smoke: Tom (AKA Dan Gleebles) joined there when he suddenly discovered that there had been nearly 300 extra referals to the site in just 2 days...and now....on the BK site, they seem to be having so many orders for the XLS 200 that there is now a 3 week waiting in process for people who order it from now :eek: :eek: I hope I aint casued them any problems :nono: :blush:

bwstsw:

Can you please post the link to the DVD Forum thread that you refer to as I'm very interested in the XLS 200 and want to read everything available. Thanks.

Velodyne HGS-18 has two high, two low unbalanced and two low balanced connections.

Originally posted by Grinder
bwstsw:

Can you please post the link to the DVD Forum thread that you refer to as I'm very interested in the XLS 200 and want to read everything available. Thanks.

Hi

Got the link for you, sorry about the delay, commy's been on all day, but we have been re-wiring and connecting our projector, its been a nightmare :( anyway here is the link, its a long read at 100 reply's and well over 4000 views now...attracting quite alot of attention, I hope the guys at BK are enjoying it :)

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=231310

bwstsw:

They've had to close down the Bargain Forum due to unsustainable bandwidth requirements. What have you done? I think if all this interest continues I'm never gonna get hold of one of those subs.

In all honestly it wasn't a particularly interesting thread as it didn't tell you anything that we don't already know, with the more knowledgeable bits being quotes from this forum.

I don't think that anyone on that thread had actually bought, received and reviewed a sub so you're not missing anything by not being able to access it.

There are far more quotes available on this forum from people who have actually bought and heard one of the subs which to my mind is more valid.

Originally posted by Grinder
bwstsw:

They've had to close down the Bargain Forum due to unsustainable bandwidth requirements. What have you done? I think if all this interest continues I'm never gonna get hold of one of those subs.

Close it down, what do you mean, I can access the page...:confused: I think you have to join that forum before you can view its pages though.

Originally posted by Ian J
In all honestly it wasn't a particularly interesting thread as it didn't tell you anything that we don't already know, with the more knowledgeable bits being quotes from this forum.

I don't think that anyone on that thread had actually bought, received and reviewed a sub so you're not missing anything by not being able to access it.

There are far more quotes available on this forum from people who have actually bought and heard one of the subs which to my mind is more valid.

It’s not an interesting one to allot of us here, but to them, its all new. In a few weeks most of them will have heard of it though. The thread seems to be generating phenomenal amounts of interest however.

I'm in now. I did join but got a message saying the bargain forum was closed for the reason mentioned before.

Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom