Which Sub?

D

dando

Hi, wondering about replacing my sub, at the moment I have an Elac cinema 1 Av set-up running through a Denon 1906 Amp. At the moment the system sounds great with music and movies but I feel the sub needs a little more clarity. Its between two subs, the Wharfedale Sw150 or Bkxls200. My question is, will either of these subs suit the small sats well? Will I notice a more clearer and tighter bass sound? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
As wharefdale are not known for their subs but XLS200 gets very good reviews I think I would go with the BK sub.Plenty of reviews around on the XLS just do a search.

D

dando

The Wharefedale Diamond SW150 has just won a What Hi-Fi Award for the best sub at that price range! So do I go with their judgement, or with the BK?Also if I do go for the BK, I would want to get silver to match my sats. But is the silver a cheap vinyl material that has been stuck on the sub? Or would i be better going for the ones made of wood?

kbfern

Distinguished Member

Falp

Novice Member
I would say REL, MJ Acoustics or the same quality at less money, BK.

D

dando

So, If its to be the BK will this suit a small sat set-up? Or will the sub overpower everything? At the moment I have a 150W Sub and the volume is fine with music but I want a little more oomph with movies. Would the BK suit?

Falp

Novice Member
The Quake has 100w and we know the quality...

How about Rel Quake/ MJ Acoustics Ref 100 or at half the price, a BK Gemini....?

PJTX100

dando said:
But is the silver a cheap vinyl material that has been stuck on the sub? Or would i be better going for the ones made of wood?
I'm certain that BK wouldn't produce anything which looked cheap, it will be a quality job whatever technique they use. Email them if you want detail of the silver finish...PJ

Trending threads

Top Bottom