Which sub?

RobinBanks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So I'm ready to buy a sub, but which one?

My room is 4.3 x 3.65 metres.

I'm thinking BK XLS200 or BK XXLS400.

Would the 400 be too 'big' for my room? Would the 200 be 'big' enough?

Any advice greatly received.

Thanks.

i have the XLS200 and the Mono+

I was so impressed by the xls200df in my previous house, in a room 4.5 x 3.5 approx
i knew i needed another in my HT/family room 6 x 3.5.

i was going to get the xls400 but went out and got the mono+ as it goes deeper.

the 200 is not ported so is tight, amazing for music aswell.

if you have the cash get the best you can. its rubbed of on me what the guys say on the forum, get the best you can afford.

i see from your room size that the mono may not be justifiable. the 400 is amzingly compact and the 200 is amazing for its size.

if you can stretch get the 400 but if the 200 is the muts nuts in terms of size, price and performace.

Thanks DD!

I was thinking the 400, I just didn't want it to over power my setup or be too powerful for my room.

The 400 is a fantastic sub.
There is a lot of posts on the Subwoofers and Tactile Transducers section on comparing the 200 v 400 v mono v mono+

As I was so impressed with the 200 I thought the next logical step would be the 400. great sounding sub and size. but the mono just goes lower.

im not as smart and technical as the guys on here, but its great to get so many opinions. i was 50/50 on the 400 v mono. At the end that deeper bass sold it to me and i just got the mono+. I had the space so this helped.

the 400 is perfect if you want to save some space.

Do a few searches on the cub section and you will see it comes up week-in week-out.
All I can say is that AVF has cost me soooo much..... but its made my life of home cinema the best.

when anyone comes over to my place and they see the 106" screen drop and then the rumble of subs etc...

A) they have seen nothing like this and are sooooo impressed, especially the ladies
B) they are not only wowed! but the girls are jealous why they married a plank, they always say to my wife that she's so lucky and go on why their other half couldn't ever do anything like this etc.. (makes my wife happy)

sorry don't where I was going with that...too much coffee already.

Go with your gut feeling.
do your check list, size, price and performance. you cant go wrong with the 400, the mono is just a bit extra.

also I always like to say "look at the size of my sub" yes my wife calls me sad!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom