• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which sub?

andyroid20

Standard Member
I have just bought a denon 2311 and am thinking of FINALLY splashing out on a sub. I have mordaunt short 914i floorstanders and matching and matching centre n standmounts. Any suggestions for a good sub that would fill the gap? I don't want to spend more than I have too but I don't want one that will start making mechanical noises or clipping when things get oomphy as my first sub did. Is a 150watt going to be enough or should I be looking at a 250? Seen a wharfedale sw250 for £300. Any good for me? Could I do better for a similar amount?

bluedroog

I had a BK XXLS400 for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier, they start at just over £400 so a bit above your budget but you wouldn't be disappointed

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom