Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Which Sub to purchase?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by MGolus, Jan 4, 2005.

1. MGolus

MGolus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to find a good sub to compliment my Polk Audio RTi38 Bookshelf speakers and Polk Audio center channel. I just tried the Velodyne VRP 1200, and currently, it sits by my frint door, ready to go back to the store in the morning. I just did not like the sound of it. I am looking at either the JBL Northridge E250 or the Infinity PS 12 (my brother has the PS 8, and I love the way it sounds for both music and movies, very tight, clean base) Both of these subs get good reviews on websites that I have looked at, and both are in my price range. Which one is a better sub, or should I go with a different brand like maybe Polk or try a higher end Velodyne?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I don't think that the Velodyne model that you are referring to has been released in the UK yet and the JBL and Infinity are very rare over here.

I would guess that if you have heard and liked the Infinity PS8 that you should definately try and have a listen to it's bigger brother to see if that fits the bill.

Sorry that I can't give a more definitive answer though.

3. MGolus

MGolus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking as well. Unfortunately, the only retailer that sellls the infinity ps 12 is an hour drive away, and I can purchase the sub online for $200 usd less, but if I don't like it, they charge a 25% restocking fee + shipping to get it back. Thanks for the advice, I will probably take the drive over to the store to hear it demoed before I make the purchase.