1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which sub to go with Mission 753's

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Jpfahy, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to get a sub (at last!) to go with a set of Mission speakers I have on my home cinema setup (not a big music fan BTW).
    753's Front
    75c Centre
    771 Rears
    All set up in a small lounge (4x4.5M, Tiled floor)

I am told I might need to spend a fair bit to get something that goes "sonically" (whatever this entails :confused: ) with the "good quality bass" that the 753's kick out. I'm on a budget of £300'ish.

I know of the Pro 50 & Quake, but am wondering if these will have enough grunt to compliment the 753's.
    But then saying that, the volume rarely gets cranked that high in my semi-detached (poor old dear next door etc etc)
    However, on the rare occasion it does get turned up I'd like something that sounds impressive.

Can you knowledgeable dudes point me in the right direction here, please? It would be most appreciated

2. Drew Peacock

Drew Peacock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a thread running concurrently where someone complains that the MJ Acoustics Pro 50 doesn't provide enough grunt and muscle and a couple more singing the praises of the Velodyne CHT10 in your price bracket.

3. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I have almost the same set-up (753,75C,751)and have found my CHT-15 works wonders. Though a little over your 300pound budget i'd certainly recommend you listen to its baby bro, the CHT-10.

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't skimp on a sub for your setup, try for something like a servo-15 or velodyne cht15 if you have the room. if you're really tied to your budget-go second hand or save a bit more-you wont regret it it, a poor sub now will just be throwing money away without doing justice to you present setup.

5. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick response there guys :D

Somehow I knew things would edge towards the Velodyne solution :p

If I were to go for the CHT-10 (anything more expensive is beyond me) would it really be considered a compromise?

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    No - read Juboy's review of the CHT-10 where he compared it to the more expensive REL Q150

7. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a cht-10 would be a good compromise and would hold its value should you decide to upgrade-also near your budget is the paradigm 2200 at richer sounds.