1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which sub is the best deal...

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by tan1415, Mar 18, 2003.

1. tan1415

tan1415

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need help looking for the best deal. I have the choice between buying secondhand or new subwoofers.
    The Subwoofer I am looking for is for movies maninly and I look for real sub bass to play next to my floorstanders from KEF(Q50)

My choices:
    secondhand;
    1)KEF PSW 3000 for 300GBP. Unfamiliar with this sub, but pretty expensive model.
    2)REL Q50 for 200GBP. I rather have the Q100. Not sure if it's powerfull enough and pretty big.

new;
    3)MJacoustics for 400GBP too Expensive..certainly compared to price in UK.But if i buy in UK..299GBP. Nice size.
    4)REL Quake for 340GBP or 370GBP if Cherry model.
    5)Velodyne CHT10 for 400GBP. A fave of mine if I have the money.And not sure if the size is acceptable in my household.
    6)Yamaha YSTW 800 for 340GBP.

These are my choices. 400GBP is my absolute limit. I have been stretching my budget to get the best possible subwoofer in my budget.
    The secondhand subs intrigues..should I go for one of them? or should I buy a new model mentioned above?

Any help greatly appreciated.:( :( :(

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    If i was you I would get over to the powerbuys forum, you may get more than you expected for your money.
    Particulkary regarding Velodynes!!!:D

3. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Just take a quick peek at the Mission M5AS...
    RRP is £500 but can be had in several places for £350 and its had some excellent mag reviews....

Its a good looker, but a little large... as the reviews say "A sub for grown ups, with a childish urge".... with "Its capable of fear register lows"... certainly capable of much more then re-inforcing your Q50's...

worth adding to the list...
    Mission M5AS