• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which streamer would fit my requirement?

Indigo121

Novice Member
Hi
After changing routers my smartTV now refuses to "find" my PC, so I need an outside streamer to stream content from my PC.

Basically I need a streamer to connect via CABLE (not wireless) to a video library on my PC. No need to stream from the web at all, only from the PC's hard drive.

Preferably I would like the option to automatically shift the audio on all streamed videos, (since my TV has a lead on audio). Does KODI have this?

thanks

JonMace

Prominent Member
Kodi can + or - audio offset to video if thats what you mean.

For what you want you use a Pi2 with Kodi on it and either a network cable direct to your PC or to your router, then HDMI to the TV from the Pi2.

Kodi hardware varies (like PC hardware does) so if you decide to get something else rather than a Pi2 then just make sure that it has a network port as not all do.

MarkE19

After changing routers my smartTV now refuses to "find" my PC
Do any of the Smart features still work on the TV?
My best guess here is that the new router has a different IP address range so you just need to run through the network setup on the TV and it should kick back into life.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom