Which SSD Drive

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I am just about to build my frist computer going to buy a ssd drive for windows etc ( already got a 1tb hard drive for my music films etc) the thing is i don't know what size to get and what make. What about this product or this Scan.co.uk: OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD - Solid State Drive - OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G or shoud I go for something smaller like this? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/s60g...orce-ssd-mlc-flash-read-285mb-s-write-275mb-s Would be very grateful for any help given as it seems a right old jungle out there thanks PS also do they supply a bracket so it goes in a for 3.5" bay or do i have to buy that separate

Last edited:
you should buy a crucial ssd because it's the fastest and also i have been using this ssd for about 2 months and it is still going strong! The cruical line is also cheaper than the ocz and you get a great warranty. You will have to buy a 3.5 bracket but they are generally quite cheap. you can also just boot from the ssd and store your programs on it so you won't need a really big ssd.

Overclockers are doing the new vertex 3 60GB for ~ÂŁ100

Attachments

• Slightly Faster-4-1-1.jpg
    Slightly Faster-4-1-1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 73
I bought a 120Gb Vertex 3 from Novatech a couple of weeks back - cracking piece of kit - bloody quick isn't a apt enough description!

Is the one I have OK though or should exchange it for the you are saying I thought the one I have is the fastest

If I understand their current product range correctly, in order of performance

Vertex 3 IOPS Edition > Vertex 3 > Agility

I've got the Vertex 3 as at the time there was not IOPS and until you linked to it I never even heard of the Agility.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom