Which splitter for this setup?

denoo9

Novice Member
Reaction score
4444.png

Also would it even work? The soundbar will send the audio into my satelitte receiver? without any loss of quality?

'The soundbar will send the audio into my satelitte receiver? without any loss of quality?' - probably better if the Satellite Receiver sends audio to the Soundbar :)

The simple option for you will be adding a 1x2 HDMI Distribution Amp (Splitter) to the Output of the Satellite Receiver - with the 1x2 in place you connect one output to the Projector and one to the Soundbar.

You also connect the Soundbar to the TV.

Joe

'The soundbar will send the audio into my satelitte receiver? without any loss of quality?' - probably better if the Satellite Receiver sends audio to the Soundbar :)

The simple option for you will be adding a 1x2 HDMI Distribution Amp (Splitter) to the Output of the Satellite Receiver - with the 1x2 in place you connect one output to the Projector and one to the Soundbar.

You also connect the Soundbar to the TV.

Joe
Thanks for quick reply! Sorry my english isnt best I meant Satelitte reciever sends it to the soundbar of course :) - - - - Just to make sure, you mean to use two HDMI cables from soundbar to both Splitter and TV at once. ? If yes, which HDMI version cables should I buy so I wont loss the "Dolby" quality?

Your Connectivity will be as follows:

Satellite Receiver > 1x2 Distribution Amp.

1x2 Distribution Amp (HDMI Out A) > Soundbar Input > Soundbar Out > TV

1x2 Distribution Amp (HDMI Out B) > Projector

For your short HDMI cables (2m) pretty much any HDMI cable will do - if you already have cables use them and if you are purchasing new look for a High Speed, Premium HIgh Speed or Ultra High Speed certified cable to give you future proofing (see below).

How long is the HDMI cable run to the Projector?

Joe

HDMI cables - HDMI Cables - Different Cable Types

Long HDMI cable - be very wary about the connectors, they have a nasty habit of coming off on stuff/thick cable so absolutely minimal handling.

At 25m you may be OK for 1080p but not if you ever upgrade to 4K UHD.

Ensure any 1x2 has an external Power Supply and some form is user selectable EDID can be helpful with some systems.

Joe

Your Connectivity will be as follows:

Satellite Receiver > 1x2 Distribution Amp.

1x2 Distribution Amp (HDMI Out A) > Soundbar Input > Soundbar Out > TV

1x2 Distribution Amp (HDMI Out B) > Projector

For your short HDMI cables (2m) pretty much any HDMI cable will do - if you already have cables use them and if you are purchasing new look for a High Speed, Premium HIgh Speed or Ultra High Speed certified cable to give you future proofing (see below).

How long is the HDMI cable run to the Projector?

Joe

HDMI cables - HDMI Cables - Different Cable Types

Hello, so I tried it like you said
"1x2 Distribution Amp (HDMI Out A) > Soundbar Input > Soundbar Out > TV"
Doesnt work, my TV finds the HDMI signal from the Soundbar, but it doesnt show anything, says no signal input.
Might it be because my TV isnt ARC supported? I only have HDMI slots and I tried everyport in soundbar and in TV, to connect them both.

And also my soundbar doesnt have HDMI ports labeled as OUT. I only see this:
thumb_d_gallery_base_09e08c12.jpg

I put HDMI cable in TV ARC slot in my soundbar, and connected it with HDMI 1 slot in my OLD TV.
I also put another HDMI cable in my soundbar, and connected it to the SPLITTER A, and projector is inside SPLITTER B, all connected with one HDMI cable to the satelitte receiver.

Also I would like to ask, why when I try to watch movie, and the movie supports Dolby Digital, and Dolby Digital 5.1, why only dolby digital works on my soundbar and when I choose 5.1 it goes mute, and dont play it.
I thought my soundbar is capable of Dolby Digital 5.1?

Last edited:
Test 1

Source HDMI Out > Soundbar HDMI Input 1

Soundbar HDMI Out (ARC) > TV HDMI Input 01

Does that work?

Joe

Test 1

Source HDMI Out > Soundbar HDMI Input 1

Soundbar HDMI Out (ARC) > TV HDMI Input 01

Does that work?

Joe
If by Source you mean Satelitte Receiver then it still doesnt work,
Now its connected like this
Soundbar TVARC hdmi > TV hdmi 1
Soundbar HDMI > satelitte reciever

I think I will need 1x3 Splitter then.

Yes Source = your Satellite receiver or any other Source device such as a Blu-ray Player, Network streamer etc.

To confirm using the cable currently connected between the Soundbar and the TV if you bypass the Soundbar and connect the Source direct to the TV does that work?

Do you have any other Source devices you can use to test?

Joe

Source to TV = Works, with the same HDMI cable.
Otherwise doesnt work, looks like the TV is somehow wrong.
should I just buy 1x3 hdmi splitter right?

I dont have any other source to test it with.

All looks fine in terms of capabilities.

What may be happening is the Source is outputting a format the Soundbar supports (it is 4K HDR compatible) whilst I am assuming your TV is not.

When you connect the Source direct to the TV what format does the TV indicate it is receiving (probably 1080i or 1080p).

And to confirm

Source > HDMI Input 1 on Soundbar

Soundbar HDMI ARC Out > HDMI Input 1 on TV

And correct Inputs selected on the TV and Soundbar.

Joe

All looks fine in terms of capabilities.

What may be happening is the Source is outputting a format the Soundbar supports (it is 4K HDR compatible) whilst I am assuming your TV is not.

When you connect the Source direct to the TV what format does the TV indicate it is receiving (probably 1080i or 1080p).

And to confirm

And correct Inputs selected on the TV and Soundbar.

Joe
Hey, I just did it like this:

as you said, and it works perfectly.
I tried also with the splitter and now both of the TV and soundbar and also projector at the same time all works.
I appreciate your time for helping me, thanks a lot Joe!!!

Great result - enjoy the movies :)

Joe
One more thing, I have it all setup, watching projector, TV and soundbar alltogether.
Now I turn off TV only, and the soundbar turns off too? I have to click on soundbar button and search for the source again and then it works again without the TV.
Cant I somehow fix this? I dont want to do this everytime.

Disable HDMI CEC control on the TV, Soundbar and Projector - then power cycle the system, everything full off at the wall.

Joe

Disable HDMI CEC control on the TV, Soundbar and Projector - then power cycle the system, everything full off at the wall.

Joe
I was only able to disable CEC inside TV settings, and it works now, but I would prefer if there was a option somehow like this:
Everytime I start my satelitte receiver, the polk audio turns on with it, and everytime I turn off my satelite receiver, the polk audio would turn off with it.

Because this way I have to start everything manually with every remote control I have :D
Would you think of any possible solution?

When CEC is not working as expected, quite a common issue, your best option is to disable CEC and look at adding a programme remote to your system which allows you to set ‘scenes/macros’ so ‘View TV’, ‘View Projector’… where a single button push enables a pre configured string of IR commands.

Best to have a look in the dedicated Forum here on AVF for ideas - Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom