Which speekers for RX750?

Blu Ray

Established Member
Reaction score
I have decided upon the Yamaha RX750 from Germany, both for price reasons and the fact that the RX is not in UK. I'm in a bit of a dilemma about the speakers though. I thought I may as well get them from Germany also, and was looking at the Canton CD1's which are well priced there to say the least. However, are they suited to this amp? Someone has suggested the Kef2005.2's but I can't afford them and her indoors doesn't like the eggs. :mad: The Canton movie 2.22 looks cool, but a huge price hike from the CD1's though :rolleyes:

Any suggestions anyone?

You might not do the 750 justice with the Canton CD1's, I think it can drive much better speakers. The 2.22 may be a better buy.

The Mordaunt Short Premier Plus would also work very well.

Thanks Kazman. I agree about the 2.22's but a lot of £. I read a review of the MS Premier Plus, and whilst good, it did state that it was designed for a small/modest room. My room is quite large (6m x 6m), I wonder what they mean by a modest sized room?

The Mordaunt Short Avant package may be a better buy, and it's a bit more expensive than the Prem Plus, but could be the ideal solution.

You could swap the 904's for 902's to get the price down too.

http://www.avland.co.uk/ms/msavant/msavant.htm

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom