Which speakers!?

LukeyMartin

Novice Member
Evening!
I hope you've all had a good Christmas!?
This is my first post but not the first time I've used this forum for advice!
The reason for my post is that I have inherited a Denon PMA-520AE amp and I'm lost in the endless amount of speakers that are out there to choose from! I'm looking for a pair of sìtand / wall mountable speakers that will still sound great at low volumes as I live in an end terrace and don't want to annoy the neighbours too much.
To give you an idea of my budget I've been looking at the Dali Oberon 1 speakers, I also like the style of these.
Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Regards, Luke

Last edited:

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I'd say that that is a fair price point to partner with the Denon PMA-520AE.

So, what kind of speakers have you heard before?

As suggestions, Maybe look at the Q Acoustics Concept 20's, Q Acoustics 3030i, Monitor Audio Bronze 100, Kef Q150 and the Dali Oberon 1 just to name a few

There are no back sounding speakers in this line up, only different and each will appeal to different people. If you are able to recall what speakers have excited your ears in the past, then that is a great starting point as most manufacturers have a family signature throughout their ranges

LukeyMartin

Novice Member
Hi Shane,
Thank you for your reply.
I went down to my local richer sounds and checked out a few speakers and walked away with a pair of Dali Oberon 1's in dark walnut and I'm over the moon with them!
I sadly lost my dad suddenly this year and while visiting my mum for Christmas I raided his vinyl collection ( not that I think he would mind ) these speakers sound fantastic. Been listening to David Bowie, the eagles, Pink Floyd & Santana just to name a few of the records I've borrowed. Very happy with my choice and thank you for your recommendations.
Happy new year. I wish you all the best.
Regards, Luke

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom