1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by A.L.F, Feb 3, 2001.

1. A.L.F

A.L.F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just starting my first HC setup, I have the Panasonic A360 DVD and have decided on the Denon AVR-3801 but now comes the hard part deciding on what speakers to get. I have around £500 to spend and was looking at either the Mission Cinema 6 Pack or the Tannoy MXAV4 Pack, does anyone have any of these or recommend any other speakers?.
    Cheers!

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Depends a bit on your requirements and room size, ie do you want floorstanders in front, di/bipoles as rears or direct radiating ones?
    Are you setting up a Ex/Es system or 5.1 only? Does it have to include a subwoofer (pretty much impossible at that budget)?

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.

3. A.L.F

A.L.F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Mission 6 pack comes with a sub but the Tannoy MXAV4 does not, of the two I would prefer the Tannoy's as I used to have Tannoy M2's on my separates system. My room is about 12ft x 24ft but as there is a fireplace at one end the TV is in the corner and would have to stay there. I would like floorstanders at the front because then I wouldn't have to use stands. At the moment I would be using a 5.1 DD setup but in the future I would upgrade.
    Cheers!

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I had a Tannoy Mercury setup before (M3+M2+Mc), so I would rekon you check it out (perhaps in the current Mx series), you may as well get away with M(x)1 as rears.
    Not so sure about the price but I think it will be around GBP400, so leaves you a balance you can start with saving on a proper sub.
    A Mission Cinema7 setup or AE100 series (109 + 107C + 100i or e.g. 109 + 107C + 4x 101 for Ex/Es) would be recommended, too, but strecht your budget to GBP700 or so.

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.