which speakers to go with my AVR300 & DV29

Johan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Bought the AVR300 and DV29 and would like your ideas on what speakers you recommend to go with this setup. The budget would be around £ 3500 for a 5.1 setup. Currently I still have the Energy Take 5.2 hooked up but want to upgrade from those.

Johan

Hi there Johan, Chris here. I have several recommendations for you:

1. 5 x Kef KHT9000 + REL Storm 5
2. 2 x Monitor Audio GR20, 1x GR Centre, 2x GRFX + REL Strata 5
3. 2 x M&K LCR850, 2 x SS150 + VX760 Subwoofer

I hope everything is working well so far and if you going anywhere near Edinburgh then give me a call and I can set something up.

If space is a problem Leema Xens. They will sell you and odd one and also do a sub. Total cost £3500. I just use three for the fronts with my AV300 as I'm more into music than movies. They now do a dedicated centre but its too big for my rack setup. They have a web site leema-acoustics.com

Thanks for all the replies :clap: ,

Chris: Everything working well, abroad for work now but plenty of time to research the suggested options online. Will let you know when I'll be in town again, thanks for your help and sound advice.

GarethL: only restriction from the other half is they can't be black so a wood colour or silver it is and these missions seem to come in almost every colour imaginable so she would be happy with these.

Barnythebear: Size it not a problem, it's going in a big room (19 by 12 feet with high ceilings).

Johan

B&W have always sounded good in my ears. My speaker set-up is no where near £3500, but it's good for me. And I am sure you could meet the £3500 with B&W speakers

I'm using Dynaudio Audience with my AVR300, plus the Dyn Sub 500. Great sound and worth an audition.

Dean

LFCRules said:
B&W have always sounded good in my ears. My speaker set-up is no where near £3500, but it's good for me. And I am sure you could meet the £3500 with B&W speakers

I agree

dwette said:
I'm using Dynaudio Audience with my AVR300, plus the Dyn Sub 500. Great sound and worth an audition.

Dean
Which speakers form Dynaudio do you have? I'm also interested in this brand :)

cochinada said:
Which speakers form Dynaudio do you have? I'm also interested in this brand :)

Front L/R: Audience 72
Center: Audience 122C
Side Surr: Audience 52SE
Rear Surr.: Audience 62
Sub: Sub500

And I'll now have to live with these a long time. I may be ordering a new toy on Monday: BMW M3 :thumbsup: Test drove it today and I'm in love.

Dean

Hi!

That's a very nice set you have :thumbsup: . BTW what do you have to say about the 52SE? I was thinking about these to the front..

Congratulations about your new toy should you decide to go for it :smashin: . It's one of my favorite cars also. But actually I'm not complaining as I have an S4 and am very please :clap:

cochinada said:
Hi!

That's a very nice set you have :thumbsup: . BTW what do you have to say about the 52SE? I was thinking about these to the front..

Congratulations about your new toy should you decide to go for it :smashin: . It's one of my favorite cars also. But actually I'm not complaining as I have an S4 and am very please :clap:

The Audience 52SE are awesome, and actually sound better than the 72 I use for the fronts, despite the fact they have a bit less bass reponse. Given I have the Sub500, if I did all over again I'd have 52SE front, side, and rear.

The SO has given approval to order the M3, but it's one of those "yes" really means "no, or you owe me big time" deals (even though she really likes the car a lot -- we're both car crazy). I have a 2002 530i, so it's not like I have anything shabby now. But I've really been lusting after a M3 for some time now. The M3 is wicked fast and a total blast to drive. Decisions, decisions...

dwette said:
The Audience 52SE are awesome, and actually sound better than the 72 I use for the fronts...
Tanks a lot :smashin: . that's what I wanted to know.

cochinada said:
...I have an S4 and am very please

The Audi's have gotten much nicer in recent years. The S4 is a very nice car. But I'm still a BMW fan, although I still can't get my head around the new body designs (5 & 7 series). I figure this is my last chance to get a M3 before it changes from the E46 to the new E90 style in a few years (new E90 3 series debuts this summer).

scott brown said:
von schweikert vr-2s for fronts
Funny I actually went for VS all the way also :clap:

dwette said:

Dean

I agree, though im using the Focus 220 floorstanders and matching centre at the mo.

I would have gone for the 110's for surround but im afraid the inland revenue want that money, and then some. Damn inconsiderate if you ask me.

niceguy235uk said:
I agree, though im using the Focus 220 floorstanders and matching centre at the mo.

I would have gone for the 110's for surround but im afraid the inland revenue want that money, and then some. Damn inconsiderate if you ask me.
I've heard very good things about the new Focus line.

I'd be willing to bet the Audience 52SE would work well for you as surrounds.

I am using the Dynaudio Focus 140 (Front L&R), 200c (centre) & Focus 110 (S L&R) with a B&W PV1 sub in 5.1 set up.

Love it!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom