1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which speakers to buy??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Xilkar, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Xilkar

Xilkar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering a budget system, and wondered if the procinema series from Definitive Tech is better or the Mirage AVS series is better? I'd really appreciate any intelligent response to my questions.

Thanks in advance....

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I haven't used the Mirage AVS gear, but I can tell you the Def Tech Pro Series is great!

I use the Pro Cinema 80 setup at work, and it sounds better than the MK LCR55 and SS85 speakers, which cost way more. Baout on par with the 601 x4, CC6 setup we also have.

Rick

------------------
    'I am just a figment of your imagination.'
    MiB 1997

Work Site: The Sound Gallery
    Home Site: WD A.V.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out my post on PSB speakers. They have a large range that probably includes some more affordable speakers. I was very impressed when I heard them the other day. Here's there web site, www.psbspeakers.com
    Neil
    P.S I would go with the Mirage set if the PSB's are not for you. I currently have Mirage all around and I personally think that they are fantastic! Check out my web site. http://members.tripod.co.uk/Neildo/index.html

------------------
    That's pretty lame Milhouse!

4. Blade

Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the BB.
    You'll find that virtually all the responses in this BB are intelligent.

5. simonsez

simonsez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Def Tech,Mirage,PSB they all make fine speakers, which I'm certain you would be happy with. Of the three I would vote for the Definitive, if you are mainly concerned with home cinema. If you like music more (or even a 50/50 split) I would go with the Mirage or PSB. What size room will these speakers be in? There are many other manufacturers out there....are you taking suggestions or have you already narrowed your choices? I watch movies mainly....probably a 80/20% movie/music split, but I still went with B&W speakers all around. Although they really shine with music, they make great home cinema speakers as well. How many movies out there have music eh? Good luck with your decision...and welcome to the friendliest place on the net.

6. njlowrie

njlowrie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends how much you want to spend and how much equipment you already have. Denon have relesed a new home cinema package, the SCAV-F100. It includes a DVD player and amp. £1200 in all.

See http://www.flat-speaker.co.uk