Question Which speakers? Q Acoustics Concept 20 or Acoustic Energy AE109

Snaggletooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for some of your thoughts. Awaiting delivery of a Rega Planar 3 and Rega Brio. As far as speakers go have decided it's going to be between the Concept 20's with dedicated stands or AE109's. Going to be listening to vinyl in a smallish room. Any suggestions as to which would be best?

Hello, I've not heard the AE 109s but I used to own a pair of Concept 20s. The latter are everything the reviews say they are. I also ran them without their stands and they were STILL good. I think they will complement the Brio very well. One of the many reviews I read about the 20s, described how they seemed to improve with higher quality amplification. A seemingly obvious statement I know but the point was that they can mix it in the big league.

Cheers

David

Thanks for your response David. I went ahead and ordered the Concept 20's following a bit of online research. Expecting delivery in next few days. Will post my impressions-looking forward to hearing some vinyl again

Cheers

Stephen

Nice one Stephen,

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

David

Hi David

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply. All my gear was delivered today, so after some time setting up I as able to listen to some vinyl for the first time in years-and what a pleasure it was. Everything sounded fantastic. Glad I spent the money but the other half thinks it could have been wiser spent elsewhere. No pleasing some people.

Here's to my vinyl revival.

No problem at all.

I'm glad it's all sounding great and yes! I can empathise with you about thoughts from the other half!
As for me I'm currently putting my other half through 'torture' as I re-visit the Eagles on blu-ray in Melbourne...

All the best

Ah, the Eagles. Was fortunate to see them in Dublin few years ago when they toured - History of The Eagles I think it was. Though not a massive fan I thought it was brilliant, especially the Joe Walsh songs - Life's Been Good and In The City. Funnily enough we were shopping for records at weekend in Londonderry and she bought the Desperado album - her first foray into vinyl since the 80's. Sounded great on new system.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom