Which speakers - Logitech Z5500 or Creative S750? (5.1/7.1)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gimpymoo, Jan 15, 2008.

1. gimpymoo

gimpymoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was all set to the get the Z5500's but am now wondering what I would be missing out by not having 7.1 surround sound.

I game and watch films as well as listening to music.

I dont think many games currently support 7.1 but you can upmix 5.1 to 7.1 and more 7.1 games are coming out... slowly.

7.1 would be better for movies I would imagine, is Blu-Ray/HD-DVD(RIP) pushing 7.1 more?

The Z5500 looks nicer than the S750's and is more functional with the optical inputs and control centre, however is only 5.1.

So, the dilemma is this:

5.1 Z5500 - Perfect in nearly every way, just only has 5.1.
    7.1 S750 - 7.1, not as eye pleasing and lack of inputs although can easily add inputs to the sound card so not a major issue.

Is the 7.1 experience worth sacrificing the Z5500 for despite the functional shortcomings of the S750 in comparison?

An great set of 5.1's or a very good set of 7.1's?

ALSO, the room is 15ft x 13ft, would any of these sets be "lost" in a room this size?

Can anyone please off their own advice on the plusses and negatives of both these sets in comparison?

HELP

MANY Thanks

A confused Gimp

2. joe90

joe90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Can't compare the 2 I'm afraid as I only have the 5500.

What I can say is that I've been pretty pleased with this system for both music, movies and games... but like I said, can't comment on the 750. I found the sound is more than adequate. Had to turn the subwoofer down initially as I was feeling uncomfortable with the stomach churning bass that it was pumping out. :eek:

Joe

3. DolbyDan

DolbyDan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Z5500 for games and movies like Terminator are AMAZING. In my opinion if they made the sub/bass tighter and more musical they would be worth more like £600. P.s the sub is huge :eek:

I loved the sound and can quite honestly say some parts of the sounds that come out of the system beats my brother in laws setup (Mission M7 centre M3 surrounds Mordant Short Alumni Sub all powered by an Onkyo 605 amp)

I only got rid coz I moved and I needed the control pods lead to be alot longer to be able to hide the sub away. That and the satellites aren't gloss black :cool: