1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Speakers !!!For My SVS

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by n0chex, Jun 7, 2004.

1. n0chex

n0chex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    Hi

Im going to take the svs plunge....Thinking of the SVS Powered Cylindered PC-Ultra and i was wanting advice on which speakers to use with this monster i was ideally looking for small sats,has anybody got a sub and sat combination ?.

I have no real budget in mind for my speakers and cable and i will be looking to buy a pioneer or denon amp to run the combination,i will be putting a wanted Ad in the hardware forum in due course.

I was actually thinking of 5x Anthony Gallo micro`s , so again if anyone has this setup i would appreciate a comment on how they work together.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    In theory any speakers will go well with any decent subwoofer however pairing an SVS PC Ultra with lifestyle speakers like that seems rather odd.

If you want to go down that particular route why not look at a cheaper SVS 25-32 PCi sub as that would be a more sensible partner.

3. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bit bigger then small sats but you could try the kef kht9000 speakers. They can be wall mounted but are about 22 inches long and about 10 inchs wide. Give them a demo. They are amazing speakers and fit well with the SVS but i would side with Ian on getting the slightly less powerful one.

4. n0chex

n0chex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    If i got the SVS 25-32 PCi ...i would always be thinking what would the ultra be like so i would rather get the best that i can at the time.

I was looking at the kef kht9000 and the b&w vm1`s i dont have much room and thats why i thought the round sub rather than the box type would be better.

Im a bit of a bass monster and i like to feel the bass as well as to hear it ,im not saying that the SVS 25-32 PCi would not please me which im sure it would .....but as before i would think what if i got the ultra what that would of been like .

I want to get the choice right as i will be keeping it along time ive read most the reviews and all are good im also thinking what Ian said about the SVS 25-32 PCi and will it be worth the extra ££££ for the ultra,im confused i wish i could demo these subs .

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The 25-31 PCi is a very good sub that will produce loads of deep distortion free bass whilst the PC Ultra is a sublime sub that will produce even deeper bass with even less distortion and which also has a single band equaliser which may come in udeful.

My point was that a PC Ultra partnering tiddly Gallo balls is overkill and is a bit like having a Ferrari with a Ford Focus engine.

If you can fit in something a bit bigger have a look at something by M&K and in particular have a look at the set of S85 that Chris is selling in the classified forum here

SVS and M&K seem to go hand in hand as Liam McCauley and Gonzo will no doubt agree, as well as myself.

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I find this a tad amusing..... when they first appeared, the gallos were touted as being quite capable along side some of the M&K models..... as many know, I didnt remotely believe this, so it appears I may have been right after all!

In any case, the solution does sound overkill to me too, but that is no reason not to do it. Im looking into a system for a friend and was considering the kef 5005 as an alternative to the gallos

ad

7. n0chex

n0chex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +347
    What about some JBL control 1`s ?