1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Speakers for my new Amp

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by neil950, May 28, 2005.

1. neil950

neil950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am about to purchase a Denon AVR-2805 Receiver/Amp and want to make sure I make the correct decision when I purchase speakers for use with it. I am only looking for the main left and right speaker at the moment and am seriously considering the MS Avant series, and quite keen on the Avant 904 floor standing speakers. My only concern is that the speakers are not powerful for the amp - I think the spec says 15 - 100W (RMS) but the Denon Amp states about 100W(RMS) per channel. I could consider the Avant 906 speakers but I have a limited budget.
    Any advice or guidance will be graetly appreciated. Thankyou.

2. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I really don't understand why speaker manufacturers still promote the wattage rating of speakers. It really makes no odds, unless you are driving a pair of £30 speakers with a massive amp at high levels. The Avants will be a good choice of speaker for the 2805, as would the MA silver range - recently reduced to make way for a new range. Still, good though.

Russell