• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Question Which speakers for gaming setup please?

Ash3000k

Hi all,
I have recently changed my gaming/study room (see pics)

I currently have BOSE Companion 5 speakers on a self behind me and I've never been too impressed with them to be honest,, I expected more due to their name

I think I would like something like two monitor speakers either side of my screen or something?

I'm pretty much an audio n00b, please could you recommend the best speakers for listening to music / gaming ?

My budget it around £100>£150, I don't mind buying second hand,

Thanks in advance!

Ash

Attachments

• IMG_0348.JPEG
    IMG_0348.JPEG
    214.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0349.JPEG
    IMG_0349.JPEG
    229.6 KB · Views: 20

Ash3000k

bump

Ash3000k

bumpy

xSLYx

Have a look at some options at some retailers like richer sounds/peter tyson.
Missions qx1 or dali spektor 2's might do you ok, both 200. Checking for nearfield monitors would suit your situation.

Ash3000k

Thanks for the replies,

I ended up buying Logitech Z906 THX 5.1 new for £160 delivered, as I thought they would be much more rounded for what I use them for as I don't produce/mix audio,

I will test them against my Bose companion 5's when they arrive and keep which ever is better

:suicide: :rotfl:

xSLYx

Yeah a package deal might suit you better for the price and hopefully they would be better than the bose who in all honesty are all about name and marketing but not really quality gear, and at £370 new you might have got yourself a decent deal. Good luck.

Ash3000k

Thanks, I will let you know how I get on! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom