which speakers for bedroom??

flexo

hi
ive been reading the forum for the last couple of months to build up my knowledge of av equipment as im wanting a home cinema setup for my bedroom. below is the equipment i own at the moment
  • Denon AVR-2805 AMP
  • Samsung 32inc R87 tv
  • PS3
  • PS2

now my room isnt exactly big so my first question is related to where the speakers should be placed. at the moment room layout is like this:

now the wall behind tv isnt exactly straight. you can see what i mean in this link now regarding the back 2 speakers would i better off placing them in position A in pic 1 or facing downwards in position b in pic 2. i will be using the surround for mainly watching films and gaming and will be either sitting or in the bed

Pic 1

Pic 2

2nd question is at the moment i have about £200 for speakers. after reading
various threads in here here i have put together 2 options which of these should give the best sound bearing in mind the size of the room

option 1
buy a basic speakers package from the ones below
  • Tannoy efx5.1- £150
  • Jamo A102 HCS5- £180
  • Kef KHT1005.1- £200
  • Canton 60x or 80x
out of these which one would give the best sound?

option 2
look on ebay for separates speakers and build up the 5.1 system from there but is it possible to get a full system off ebay for £200ish. is it possible to get a complete kef egg setup off ebay for around £200

last thing ive got till end of this month to purchase as my exams start next week as i wouldnt use them as much till beginning of june which leaves me that time to look out on ebay

thanks for any help

flexo

also forgot to mention my whole budget was £300 for amp and speakers. amp cost me £100 off ebay and it came with qed speaker cable. aint had a chance to measure it but it should be enough as long as i buy another 5 meters of it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom