Which speakers for a stealth look?

A

alpina

Hi guys,

I accept that floor standing or bookshelf speakers sound better to audiophiles that "tiny" home theatre speakers but what do people who like the stealth concealed speakers do?

Definitely looking at using ceiling speakers for rear and undecided with what to do at front?

Surely I'm not alone here? What have others done? Anyone have some pics of a stealth audio setup? Anyone been able to get great results from this approach or am I just living in dreamland?

Cheers,

Julie

pragmatic

You can get in wall speakers and even in wall subs, never heard them my self and its really a custom install jobbie really (although you can get them your self from a few webstores) but demoing them may be a bit difficult, habing said that the kef in celing with motors certainly sounds cool an finctional, only come down when your using surround!

shahedz

Distinguished Member
a freind of mine has a 7.2 speaker set up, and he has ceiling speakers , they are made by an american compnay called triad. you hardly notice them and they sound brillaint, they are acyually boxed in and the speakers are set within the box at an angle rather than facing flat down., sounds real good and looks great,

Knyght_byte

Monitor Audio do a range of inwall and inceiling speakers, dunno how good they are, but the driver tech is based on their normal speakers which are excellent :)

if however you just want speakers that are not too big and relatively simple so they dont stand out, checkout M&K, they do some nice simple black/grey ones that are fairly stealthy looking........they go bloody loud too...lol

Knightshade

PMC do the 'Wafer' range. Not cheap but very good. Destroys the likes of Artcoustic etc.
I think you can disguise them as paintings, or protruding bits of wall etc. That's fairly stealthy...

kwijibo

Standard Member
I have Artcoustic DF75-55, and Knightshade has clearly never heard a set properly. Anyway, I love em, and heartily recommend them as serious speakers that also aren't ugly!

frozendexter

Standard Member
I'm thinking of sticking my rears in the ceiling as well, and was considering the Monitor Audio speakers, just hard to find a demo!

Thekop

NXT style speakers might fit the bill.. Not exactly concealed but probably the next best thing, being flat !. Mission do a range i think, look around on the net ? :)

Knightshade

kwijibo said:
I have Artcoustic DF75-55, and Knightshade has clearly never heard a set properly. Anyway, I love em, and heartily recommend them as serious speakers that also aren't ugly!
Sorry, didn't mean to rubbish your speakers. :rolleyes:I have heard them and compared them directly to the PMC Wafer speakers. I'm not saying the Artcoustics are bad just In my opinion the PMC speaker is considerably better.

L

Laingy

Where did you demo the PMS wafer speakers, also what are the prices?

Knightshade

I got a good long demo directly from the PMC Rep. Best bet is to contact PMC direct. I haven't seen any in shops yet.
I believe the prices are around £600 for the wafer1 and £950 for the wafer2. Though don't quote me on this.

Trending threads

Top Bottom