Which Speakers - ADVICE PLEASE

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jonwilde, Jul 5, 2004.

1. jonwilde

jonwilde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at the following speakers to buy, either the mark 2 Kef eggs or Monitor Audio radius set up, would anyone recommend what to choose of these two or recommend other set ups. I can't have massive speakers, wife won't let me.

Thanks Jon

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,268
    Both the Kef Eggs and the Monitor Audio Radius have their own benefits and pitfalls. I would recommend you book a demo with your local dealer and make your own mind up after listening to both. In my opinion the Radius speakers are better satellites which convey more detail than the Kefs but they suffer from a very poorly designed wall bracket and the subwoofer is a little bit lacking in grunt in comarison to the sub with the Kefs.

My recommendation would be a pair of Radius 270 floorststanders for the front, the Radius 225 centre channel and a pair of Radius 90s for rears. As for a subwoofer I would get somehting like the MJ Acoustics Reference 100 or 150.