1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which speakers? Acoustic or Gale?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JohanD, May 24, 2005.

1. JohanD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I'm in need of a set of two speakers to be used as stereo speakers for listening to radio/CD in my (small) kitchen.... In another room I have a 5.1 setup with a Denon 1905 reciever and AudioPro speakers, however this setups doesn't quite "reach" the kitchen, especially if the fan/ventilation is on...

So, basically I'm looking at either the Acoustic MP631 or the Gale 3010S as an extra set of fronts (on channel B of the Denon) and they will be mounted in another room, separate from the subwoofer (which might not be turned on when listening to radio/CD).

Does anyone have any input re. what speakers to choose? Just by looking at the specs. the Acoustic MP631 seems to win "hands down" but then again the "specs." might not be that correct... Since I'll pay almost exactly the same amount for either brand I'm really not sure what to get...

I haven't been able to find a site with the specs. for the Acoustic MP631s so I'll just post them here:

Cabinet: Bass reflex
    1" Dome tweeter
    6,5" Bass
    Impendance: 8 ohm.
    Freq. range: 45 - 20 000 Hz (- 3 dB)
    Sensitivity: 87 dB
    Power: 80 W

Any input much appreciated!